Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Seven Words of Talking Disney



Someone once told me I talked Disney,

"Disney? What do you mean?"
"You use words like goofy and dopey
all the time!"
hmmm, this was true,
and we laughed over it.
But, as a sort of writer kind of person...
is this funny even?
It isn't an overly mature or
intellectual language
or way of describing something
and probably won't get me
a public speaking gig,
(and certainly wouldn't
impress my hero, Elizabeth Gilbert
or Maya Angelo)
but I also don't see it necessarily
changing anytime soon, either!

So, I began to wonder,
if its Disney, I speak
what would the seven dwarves
of that language be?
(does it sound like I have too
much time on my hands here?
Hmmm? )
And... is dwarf, politically correct
to use, even in this context?

Anyways!

Crappy,
would be one
used often to relay a situation
or emotion
thats just, "not really great!"

Poopy,
(for sure)
cause there just isn't any sweeter way
to way to substitute the word
or need to say Sh--!

Dopey,
(interchangeable with Goofy)
as already stated and clearly
my most often used favorite
meant to describe anything
that's really lame!
(And...it just happens to be
a real Disney dwarf name
which is pure coincidence.)

Then there's Icky,
(and her twin sister, Ishy)
these two have traveled
with me many "life miles."
originating from childhood days
in Minnesota. (I think!)
Translation?
Bad food, worms, bugs, wet messes,
soggy ice cream cones,
running noses, smudgy wine glasses,
nose prints on window panes!
ugly shoes, laughable bizarreness,
sometimes even used to describe
"not nice" people!
...you get the picture..right?

These two, most often get a
"What?" in response!
A shrug and the reply,
"Grew up in the Midwest,"
gets me an excusable nod!
How many conversational occasions
can these two be used for?
You'd be surprised!

Crummy.
Is another favorite which of course
is about anything that's not good or fair
or wonderful or "just"!
(probably wouldn't fly in a court room)
but I am pretty sure when my cat
howls out the window while
"her dog" gets to go for a walk
she is THINKING
"This is really, crummy!"

And Creepy!
Love creepy!
love it for things that create chills,
mild revulsion's, a second look,
maybe even a picture...
any act of any laughable confusion
that would be followed
by my all time favorite
"Are You Kidding Me????"

Or the text version, of RUKM?
This would be the Doc of Disney words.
(The only dwarf that didn't end in Y.)
Course, if it is a really
outrageous situation,
the F word is added to the middle...
for a heightened level of expression!

So there you have it,
the seven Disney words of
my highly gifted cerebral world
of creative immature language!
Creepy, yucky, dopey, Icky/Ishy,
poopy, crappy...

and R U kidding me?
Did I really just write a blog
about words as dwarves...?
yikes!

And what about the picture?
(Yard art for a home in Phoenix!)
Really dwarves
in a cage? Why are they in a cage?
Or are they Gnomes?
And what' the difference
between a Gnome and a Dwarf?
And could there be seven Gnomes
of language as well...?

Oh dear,
time to go paint something!

Pam Piper Rain





No comments: