Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dear Day


Dear Day,

I promise to laugh more
than I did yesterday,
to boldly be
beauty's most devoted witness,
to compliment and appreciate
the mundane and missing,
to stretch towards
the sun even if it
looks like its about to rain,
and to follow a friend
where ever she may lead,
to twirl and whirl,
and love all things flying on the 'wild air,'
I promise not to expect anything
that I can't give first.
but to believe in the flow and movement
of all rivers even the unseen ones.
I promise to to Skip and Whee
to be a hero
chase clouds, blow bubbles and choose courage
to practice what I love
and say less about it...
play as hard as possible
seeking adventures
in the unexpected occurrences,
to believe with such immediate
and unchallenged faith,
to know nothing
but wonder is coming my way.

and
Dear Day,
consider this my prayer
of 'thank you' before...
you even begin!


Sincerely, me

Pam Piper Rain

No comments: