Friday, January 8, 2010

Let the Colors Dance

It's 3:00 am and I am finally
leaving the studio
had a painting in my head for a year
number ten in a collection of nine.

My Magnetic Women,
is a combination of loose
spontaneous brush strokes
(opposite of the tightly lined
Wild Women illustrations)
with words resembling
magnetic poetry
that have a hidden meaning
funny or...?
The paintings are large
on wood with acrylics
and crayons scribbles
and probably my best work...

But the process terrifies me...
I don't have any control
and I can't guarantee it will be successful.

With a Coffee shop reception
tomorrow evening,
it was important
to create something new
and right away...
I circled the drawing for
hours before gaining the courage
to begin at 12:00am.

It took the music,
in the quiet,
the undisturbed
night,
tentatively, wavering over
the first few brush strokes
knowing it would be a fleeting
capture of intuition and instinct
needed to know what first,
and then what next
never knowing what truly
happens in these paintings,
I have to trust...

So I let go and let the brush
make the colors dance,
tell the story...
as the images took shape
the power that flooded me
was astonishing,
made my heart sing
and I thought this is why
I am an artist
this is why I create
for this single moment of
being the conductor
in an ochrestra of hues and light.

Even if your not an artist but
feel inclined I would recommend
a late night, some wine and a blank
white landscape, a brush,
globs of paint...
and dance!

Below are pics of the painting
in progress. Because I too was
curious to see how it would involve!





She knew it was time to get off but she just wasn't ready!!

Pam Piper Rain

To see my other Magnetic Women
www.piperrainpress.com


No comments: